Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Perfect 10

As I was watching "Miss America--Countdown to the Crown" this morning, Miss Maine requested a size 0 or size 00. What?? I had no idea there was such a thing as a size 00!
I have made peace with the fact that I will never ever be a size 0. I know this because of my "good German foundation" and my love of food. I just simply love to eat. I can only eat completely healthy so long before a cheeseburger or one of my favorite desserts (that includes about every dessert) calls my name.
Just like everything else in my life, I approach food with an "everything in moderation" policy. My usual pick at Arby's is a Martha's Vineyard Salad & one of David's curly fries. I sometimes consume mass quantities of fast food calories, but only on occasion. When I do go overboard, I figure as well as I don't do it every day--and the scale doesn't start to move against me--it won't hurt anything. Moderation has been working for me so far.
Vacation, however, is another story. I had a whole order of curly fries all to myself last week. They were SOOO good. I splurged on onion rings the next night, too. I figured I better get it all in since calories don't count on vacation--or Grandma's house. My Grandma Kallas' brownies are completely void of calories as long as I eat them at her house.
I've never been a skinny girl, but I wouldn't consider myself overweight either. I just recently bought a couple new pair of jeans--my first since having Teresa. It felt so good to update my jeans and find out that I am back to my usual size--a 10. After I lose my last 5 Teresa pounds they will fit just right.
I really do need to exercise more than I do right now. (This was made even more evident after my recent run through the airport! Although, David did say I would made a good runner since I recovered quickly. I'm not so sure about that.) A treadmill is on my current wish list. I exercised every day after having Landen and it made me feel better both mentally and physically. I exercised after Nathan, too, but somehow I never got into the habit after Teresa. That's probably why I am still holding on to the last 5 pounds as she is about to turn 15 months!
So, as long as I am healthy, I really don't care if I will never be a size 0--or less than a size 10 for that matter. It may not be a "Perfect 10" by Miss America standards, but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment