Friday, January 23, 2009

We're Baacck!


Despite the cooler temps for the 2nd half of our trip, we still had a great time exploring and relaxing in the Keys. On Wednesday morning, the radio deejays were talking about a windchill of 48. It was a positive 48, so it wasn't too cold for us! I was just glad we made it. Here is that story I promised you . . .
As we were preparing to board our delayed flight out of Aberdeen on Sunday, one of the workers told us that we would probably not catch our connecting flight to Detroit and our bags would definitely not make it to Miami that night. We could go as far as we could or stay in Aberdeen until 7am the next morning. We decided to go as far as we could make it. We knew there would be another flight to Detroit that night, but not another to Miami until the next morning. Our flight attendant told us, however, that our bags would make it since the bags get on the plane before the passengers (and the man in Aberdeen had pushed ours toward the front to help us out). So, all the way to Mpls, I was praying that we would make it and preparing to run as fast or far as we had to to catch that next flight.
As soon as the plane doors opened, David and I started running. I always viewed running to catch the next flight as sort of romantic, but it about killed me! Halfway to our gate I knew why the flight attendant and others had suggested catching a motorized cart. David ran ahead to let them know we were there. I limped along on the moving sidewalks with the promise of Miami pusing me along. I finally drug myself to Gate C10 pretty sure my lungs were going to explode. God had answered my prayers and we had made the flight! After that we knew we would be OK and our vacation would go on as planned. I was able to relax after my lungs stopped burning! Dying in a plane crash had crossed my mind, but I never thought of an airport killing me.
I will not be signing us up for "The Amazing Race" anytime soon--that is for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it there and back safely! Seen your pics on Facebook - looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete