Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Show and Tell

I am OK with the fact, that at this point of my life, Pinterest IS my hobby.  I sit down at the end of the day, pin a few things to my boards, and all is right with the world.  But, recently, I found something that I had a place for and HAD to try.  The girls needed a place for their books in their new room.
 
I didn't follow the measurements exactly as they were given.  I went to the Menard's scrap pile and chose pieces of wood that were the same length (so no sawing would be involved).  The pattern had a 1" piece in the front to hold the books, but I liked these little pieces of trim board instead. 
All I did was sand the rough edges, glue each piece to the front and back, clamped each part until it was dry, and then screwed each part together with 1 1/2" screws to make sure it would be secure.  After that, I painted them and screwed them to the wall using my trusty laser level/stud finder for guidance. 
(The basket on the bottom is from my failed attempt at hanging flowers. Now it is a book holder!)
I love that they hold several books and the books are all still visible.  For now, it is also fun for Teresa to have a place to put her books away and keep them off the floor. 
 

 
(The Day on the Farm book is from my childhood.  It's still one of my favorites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment