Monday, October 7, 2013

Mmm. . . Delicious!

"Mmm. . . Delicious!" is Rachel's seal of approval for everything yummy.  Of course, only I know that she's trying to say "delicious," because I'm her Mama and we speak the same language. :)
 
Today we made my favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from my childhood.  I thought I had posted these before, but it turns out I have not!  I much prefer these to regular chocolate chip cookies, and that is probably because it's the only chocolate chip cookie my mom made when I was little.  Then my sister came along and we expanded our horizons to chocolate chip cookies without oatmeal. 
I now make both for my family, and I'm not known to dislike any cookie, but as I said, these are my favorite.
 
Sharing this recipe is long overdue, so here you go!
 
You will say, "Mmm. . . Delicious," too!
 
 
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs (well beaten)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp hot water
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups quick oatmeal
1 1/2 cup flour
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
 
Mix in order.  Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees until slightly browned.  (My Airbake pan takes about 14 minutes.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment