Saturday, February 11, 2012

Little Projects

Both boys came home with notes this week reminding us of the upcoming Valentine's Day party on Tuesday.  I was one grateful mom when they decided they would each make their own Valentine boxes!  Now, I grew up LOVING this time of year and would plan my own Valentine box weeks in advance.  One year I even ventured into the art of paper mache to make a gumball machine.  Yes, I LOVED Valentine boxes!
At this point in my life, however, I have a little different view on this yearly project.
Even with my independent artists working away, there was still enough fighting over paper, markers, tape, and a crying baby punctuating any silences.  Oh, it was quite a lively evening, but it turned out in the end!

By Friday morning, they had created these beautiful works of art!


 It didn't take Landen long to get bored on their free day from school, so I put him to work baking muffins for the February church potlock tomorrow.  Have you ever been to a breakfast potluck?  You should, especially if you are a fan of egg bakes, rolls, and muffins!  Mmmm!
This morning it was off to Saturday morning basketball for the boys.  I managed to get all of my little monkeys together for a picture before our Saturday morning pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment