Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blokus

Have you played Blokus?  It has been around for awhile.
I first played it when Landen was a baby and thought it was a lot of fun.  I have had my eye on it since then, but I wanted to wait until the older three were old enough to play it.  This past Christmas was finally the year. 
Blokus is my favorite game.  Whenever one of the kids asks to play a game with me, they know this is the one I will pick.  I love it because even Teresa can play.  There is strategy involved, but it is not required.  Two to four people can play, but it is most fun with four. 
Each person starts in a corner with a colored piece of their choice (all pieces are different shapes and sizes).  The pieces can only meet at the same color's corners.  It gets fun when you reach the middle and use strategy to keep corners open to find your way through your opponent's traps.  The person to get all of their pieces on the board (or have the fewest squares left) wins. 
As an added bonus, a finished Blokus board is very pretty!  (Post-game wrestling is optional.)

No comments:

Post a Comment