Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Empowered

I am not taking my usual 1 or 2 year "recovery" time after this baby to get back to walking.  Having my biggest baby without any drugs (I'm not saying I didn't ask for any!) left me feeling empowered.  If I can do THAT, I can do anything!  Right??
I started walking slowly again when Rachel was about four weeks old and now I am back up to my pre-pregnancy routine and walking speed 5-6 days a week.  
Once spring comes around, my goal is to run a mile outside--maybe more. 
(Running on the treadmill scares me.) 
This goal is quite momentous because I DO NOT run and NEVER have. 
But, like I said--now I just KNOW I can do it!
Exercising is not so much about the losing weight for me (although I do have a few pounds to lose yet), but that I feel so much better when I do it.  That 35-40 minutes in my day has become my sacred "me" time (with my personal trainer pictured below, of course) as well as my natural Zoloft.

She is saying, "Cheeks like these only look good on me, Mom.  Keep walking!" :o)

And, with that, it IS time for my morning walk!
Happy Valentine's Day!  May you have a blessed day celebrating everyone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment