Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Preparing

There are all sorts of preparations underway around here.
Sunday afternoon was very productive.  David set up the crib in record time (which was impressive since he had only set it up once before over 8 years ago) and my three helpers put up most of the Christmas decorations. 
One of the first things they found were the Advent candles.  I have put these out before, but we have never lit them as a family.  This year they could not wait to light the first one!  I was so impressed that our children had such an interest in Advent.  Then I realized, as I read an Advent reflection and prayer with our family gathered around the wreath, that they were most interested in who would get to blow out the candle at the end! 
We'll continue this practice throughout Advent--and take turns blowing out the candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment