Thursday, November 10, 2011

What I'm Working on This Week . . . .

--Trying to stay active without my treadmill time each morning.  Muscles that have been stretched four times aren't as kind on the fourth go-round!  Sometimes just walking down the hallway will stop me in my tracks lately.
--Getting better at using coupons.  I am a TERRIBLE coupon shopper.  I cut out very few and usually use only a few of those before I find them expired and throw them away.  I started using a coupon organizer yesterday and I actually knew where to find--and remembered to use--three coupons on my shopping trip.  Still, don't expect to see me on Extreme Couponing anytime soon.
--Christmas shopping and wrapping.  I am saving a bit for Black Friday, but staying ahead of the Christmas shopping list has been a huge help this year.  I'm usually not a "Christmas before Thanksgiving" kind of girl, but I'm not sure how much of December I will have free to prepare.
--Sleeping all night.  This happens to me with every pregnancy.  I'm not sure if it is excitement, anxiety, or my body preparing for those 3am feedings, but I wake up most nights and stay wide awake for at least an hour.  It's a good thing we believe in afternoon naps around here.
--Our church's Advent Program.  It follows the same pattern as the one I wrote a couple of years ago at our former parish, but I feel it has improved.  I gave the kids simpler songs to sing and the older students will either be song leaders or narrators, instead of singers.  Teresa plans to make her debut as a baby sheep in the nativity scene.
There you have it--my week so far in a nutshell.  Not too exciting, but ordinary is quite all right with me.  Anything else just gets to be too exhausting!
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment