Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Goals

I turned 33 on Saturday.  That made me start to think about life goals.  Hmm . . . lately my goal is to conquer all of the obstacles of the day so I can snuggle up and go to sleep again.  It may not be a life goal, but it keeps me motivated through the day! 
I hardly ever watch the show, but I did watch "19 Kids and Counting" on Sunday evening.  Michelle Duggar is a rock star.  Currently on the show, she and Jim Bob are taking their huge family (and a few extras) on a world tour.  Not only that, but she is pregnant with their 20th child at the same time.  I'm so glad my husband has never seen the show.  He might expect me to have a smile on my face 24/7 and travel the world, too!
My dear friend Cathy once told me of a trip their family (then including 4 boys) took to Walt Disney World for her parents' 40th wedding anniversary.  She knew the work it would entail, but her parents insisted that their entire family be together for the celebration.  As they entered the magical gates, she told her mom, "I don't even take all of my kids to Super Valu."  I thought that was hilarious and so, so true! 
I thought of her after I took my 3 children through the grocery store last night (something I never do unless I absolutely have to).
A trip around the world?
Nope.  Not one of my goals right now!
A snuggly blanket and a couple shows on the DVR?
Now that's something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment