Friday, November 18, 2011

Candy Bar Brownies

It was a good Halloween for chocolate.  (Way to go, kids!) 
But, after a few days of the boys rushing in the door after school to choose a few favorite treats from their bags and then my enduring the sugar rush after, it was clear that the candy needed to be controlled a bit more. 
I sent the Tootsie Rolls and Smarties to Grandma & Grandpa's house for them to hand out to their grandchildren over the next year. 
Then I put all of the of chocolate it its own bag with the intention of using it for baking.  I have had my share of treats out of the chocolate bag over the past few weeks, but today it was time to put my original plan into action. 
I even found a recipe for Candy Bar Brownies in one of my cookbooks--perfect for post-Halloween!

4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa
7-10 fun-size candy bars

Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.  Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir in sugar mixture.  Fold in candy bars.  Bake in a 9x13 greased and floured pan for 35 minutes at 350.  Make sure the middle is set before removing from the oven.  Cool completely and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment