Friday, July 15, 2011

Snow Cones

When I was a little girl, there was one thing I wanted every year when the JCPenney Christmas Catalog appeared in our mailbox.  Yes, it was this--the classic Snoopy Snow Cone machine. 
Even when I outgrew my want for this machine, I still gave my mom a hard time about not fulfilling that one dream I had early in life.
One day in my sophomore year of college, she surprised me with my very own Party Penguin Snow Cone machine.  He sat proudly on my dorm room shelf--a childhood dream fulfilled. 

My kids experienced snow cones at our friends' house earlier this week.  They have an electric machine, which really is the way to go if you are mass producing snow cones.  They even had an array of syrups to choose from.  My kids were in snow cone heaven.
I told them that we had a snow cone machine at home, too, but that it wasn't electric. 
Finally, after days of begging, I let them try it out tonight.  It really is not as labor intensive as Nathan makes it out to be. :o)

 After they worked to shave their three ice cubes into snow, they decided they didn't want to eat it, but to make a snowball to throw outside instead.
May all your childhood dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment