Thursday, July 7, 2011

Little Blessings

Here's the great part about pregnancy--you wait for 4 long weeks to hear this quick whooshing sound for about 30 seconds.  Then you're on your way and happy as a clam. 
It's all pretty crazy. 
I was really hoping for another ultrasound today, but I had to settle for the Doppler instead.  Next time will be the official 20 week ultrasound.  This baby is already a little movie star with three appearances so far.
Even though baby has looked great on all three, I'm still a bit on edge for the BIG one.  With the unusual things that have happened my past two pregnancies and this one (all of which have turned out to be fine), I am no longer one of those giddy moms who hops on the ultrasound table and asks, "Boy or Girl?" 
I tentatively walk into the dimly lit room, hold my breath for a few minutes and then I ask, "Healthy?" 
We are very thankful as our prayers were answered and the complication I had existing beside (but not affecting) this baby has since healed.  Measurements and heartbeat are right on track. 
That, of course, also means I couldn't hide this pregnancy any more if I tried.  (Thank heavens I don't have to any more!) 
One of the excuses I came up with last winter when God was faithfully presenting this leap of faith to me was, "but I just gave away all of my maternity clothes!"
Well, my friends, never doubt that God will provide.
Yesterday my friend Deb presented me with two big totes of maternity clothes.  Some of the clothes I gave to her last summer were in there, too.  It was nice to see my old friendly mommy clothes again.  I have been invited to "shop" at friends' houses as well and I have a nice Target.com order arriving shortly.  (They had an amazing clearance sale on maternity clothes.  I couldn't resist!)  No--a lack of clothes will not a problem at all!
If you have been keeping our family in your prayers, we thank you!  If you haven't, don't worry.  We will still need some in the future, too, especially when we are REALLY outnumbered come December.  :o) 
Good night and sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment