Friday, February 18, 2011

Small Spaces

I spent much of my day today in small spaces--our two messiest closets. My desire to tame these wild places once again came from two factors--spring fever and the shipment of Signature Home hostess gifts that arrived yesterday. Among my choices--baskets of assorted sizes to organize, organize, organize!
My first project for the day was our game closet. I bought a set of plastic shelves a few years ago. They did alright, but they needed some help. The kids' games tended to fall to the back and off the shelves (REALLY not good for the Memory game). Now they are all in a basket to keep them corralled. The same went for the puzzles and the games our kids are just starting to get old enough to appreciate. Chinese checkers and UNO have been recent favorites.
I wrestled a top shelf into the closet for some more space, too. Notice how weighed down the former top shelf was?
Then I moved onto our hall closet which houses an array of needed items from Play-Doh to flower vases. There was one leather case I had been shifting back and forth in the back of the closet for our entire marriage. (The fact that I never opened it should make it overtly obvious that I am not an overly curious person by nature!) Today--greedy for every free space I could find--I decided to pull it out of the darkness and check it out. It was a bag cell phone! Remember those? David always threatens that our kids will have a bag cell phone when they get in high school. Now they are one step closer!
In a few months, these frequently used and catch-all places will need some attention again, but for now I am basking in their basketed, organized glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment