Monday, February 7, 2011

Missed It and for Good Reason

It seems this morning Facebook is bursting with comments on the Super Bowl game--Christina Aguliera's botched Anthem, the Black Eyed Peas, the commercials. Usually I am right in the room with the guys watching most every play of the game. I don't understand all of football, but I get the gist of it enough to enjoy a game now and again. I fully intended to watch it this year, too.
But, then I got distracted.
The men moved into the living room as soon as they arrived, but we women stayed in the kitchen to finish up the food portion of the evening. After we accomplished that task, we parked ourselves at the kitchen table and didn't move (except to aid the occasional child concern) all night. We had the little kitchen TV on, but we only looked at it occasionally to check the score. There was too much good food, good wine, and good laughs surrounding us to care much more.
Now this morning I am realizing how much I "missed." If I had an outside job, I would have had to cram some YouTube videos over breakfast just to engage in break time conversation today!
Oh, make no mistake. I am not disappointed. It was a good trade. You can't put a fun evening with good girlfriends on the DVR. You have to appreciate it while it's there! And that we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment