Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

Here we are on Snow Day #3! Tomorrow promises to be warmer, so we expect that yellow bus to be at our door at its usual time in the morning!
When I am snowed in, it is my instinct to bake. It is then my instinct to EAT what I have baked. I have been fighting the baking urge for most of this cold snap, but with two parties at our house this weekend, I know someone will help me eat the yummy treats! They will go into the freezer and emerge just in time for company.
I had been thinking of something lemony, so I tried a new recipe. This is a keeper--it is easy and very yummy. (I had to try a piece when no one was looking.) :o)
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
1 lemon cake mix
1 3oz. pkg instant vanilla OR lemon pudding
1/2 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 T poppyseeds
1 c. water
1/2 tsp. powdered lemon peel (omit if using lemon pudding)

Mix & beat for 4 minutes. Grease and flour two small loaf pans. Divide batter evenly and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. I used vanilla pudding and the powdered lemon peel (which I found at penzeys.com).
The kids can't wait to try some for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment