Monday, July 20, 2009

Moving

David and I have not moved since we were married 8 years ago. We have, however, moved our "stuff" several times. First it was downstairs, then in the attic, then the attic couldn't support the weight, so it moved back downstairs, and finally into the storeroom in our new addition. It's always a hassle, but it does help keep us from accumulating too much "stuff." Everytime we move from place to place, we get rid of a few more things we had not missed since the previous move.
Our water mess last week has helped us with a bit of cleaning out once again. I went through the kids' toys last week and found some that we can pass onto other kids. The old kitchen chair we had in the guest room for no apparent reason is now on its way to the junk pile. The brown hide-a-bed couch will be on its way as soon as another strong man or two unwittingly stops by to visit. (I think my father-in-law learned his lesson after he got in on the water clean up last week. This morning he didn't even get out of his pickup when he stopped by after coffee.) :o) We are also talking about moving the piano into the guest room to make a better use of space and get the present piano room ready for Teresa when she is old enough to move downstairs.
I may even paint a room this year yet. I have been wanting to jazz up the off-white guest room. What better time than when it is back to a concrete floor? The problem with that is I hadn't really thought about what color I'd like and I better think fast as the moving back in has begun. The boys spent the night in their own room last night. I really don't think they cared about that one way or another. It was fun for them to camp in the toy room for a week.
Today I plan to make a trip to Aberdeen and get a new kanga-back carpet for the guest room. We are hoping that it will work for David to glue that in himself and we can get our house back to normal in under three weeks, when the carpet layer could fit us in his schedule.
With a new sump pump and more precautions in place, hopefully this little inconvenience will not happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment