Friday, July 3, 2009

Bonus Post

OK, so I lied. I am going to post tonight. We came home so the kids could go to bed at a decent time, but it's only 9:14pm and I'm not tired yet.
We really had a great time in Leola today. The boys can check off pony and tractor-pulled trolley rides off their list as well as a surprise--an intricate model train display a few blocks from my grandparents' house. We visited twice today and I am sure will make an appearance again tomorrow! Teresa was very good, aside from clingy as all of the extra people there were a little overwhelming. The float is built and ready for the parade tomorrow. David even surprised us and joined us for awhile this evening.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July. For the past 3 years, the 4th of July is a day I personally celebrate my Nathan. As I've written before, July 4, 2005 was very scary for David and myself as the amnio test results we had done were still days away. I did my best to enjoy our time at our neighbors' lake cabin, but I couldn't help but wonder if our second child would be alright. As we can now see from his independent spirit and beautiful blue eyes, he sure is!
Every 4th of July since then, I thank God for Nathan, and all of our children. If there is nothing critical weighing on my mind, I thank Him not only for placing me in this free country, but also for the freedom from worry--if only for the day. May you have a wonderful 4th tomorrow celebrating this country's freedoms and all of the other freedoms in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment