Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where's MY book deal?

I read a snipet on Yahoo this morning that Bo the first dog is going to star in his own children's book. Seriously--I can't take it anymore. When am I going to get my book deal?
Well, actually, the truth is I have not started on my book nor do I have anything particular in mind for what type of book I would write . . . but I doubt Bo the dog did either.
Everyday I see someone else--famous or not--on TV promoting their new book. The best was an Oprah show talking about marriage. One woman got a book deal after she & her husband had sex every day for a year. Now, that's some research my husband would probably be willing to help out with, but it's already been done. No use going down that road.
Tonight I read "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" to Landen for his bedtime story. Our graduation speaker, V.J. Smith (who coincidentally is also a published author and rightly deserves to be), recited that book at my high school graduation. Graduation is all about "following your dreams" and "shooting for the stars." Dr. Seuss talks about that, but also the pitfalls that happen in everyone's life at one time or another. The challenge is to not let the day to day drudgery get in the way of those dreams. In fact, sometimes the steps closer to our dreams are in the drudgery. We must be careful not to miss them.
My biggest dream right now is for my husband and me to raise three kids to be socially acceptable, loving, honest, and Christian adults in this crazy world. Some days look promising, and others I feel as though I'm trying to move that mountain Dr. Seuss refers to.
If I have another dream, an honest to goodness published book with my name on the cover would be on the top of my list.
Until then I will continue to sift through the day to day for little bits of inspiration and leave them here.
So, maybe someday you can say, "I knew her when she was just a blogger." :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment