Friday, April 17, 2009

Fed Up Friday

It has been a productive week and a good one, too. Not as peaceful as last week, but I'll take it. However, today I am FED UP.

I am fed up with people not taking responsibility. Right now I am dealing with about 1/3 of a play cast that isn't coming to practice. To make matters more frustrating, they requested I drive over to school for MORE somewhat-productive practices. (I cannot and will not.) I shouldn't be surprised, since this is my third play and we've probably only had a full cast attend 5 practices amongst all of them. My strategy has been to let them learn from their lack of responsibility, but somehow they have always pulled it together in the end, so not much learning is being done I am afraid. I refuse to be stressed about it. My job is to guide them and make sure they don't mortally wound themselves while building the set. But, I do find it frustrating.

I am tired of texting. That is ALL I see kids--and some parents--do anymore! To make matters worse, they spell words like "school" weird like "skewl." What is this--revenge of the English class drop outs?? By the way--YOUR means YOUR and YOU'RE means YOU ARE. My biggest texting pet peeve, however, is talking to someone (especially someone I may only see a few times a year) and have them take out their phone and return a text while I am talking to them! (And--no--I am not talking about HS students here.)

I am tired of the negativity. (How ironic since I'm being negative today!) Our family no longer watches "Squawk Box" or "Mad Money" during meals. I absolutely could not have those people spouting off about the stock market or downturned economy while I was trying to have a pleasant meal with my family. It was giving my ulcer a "stimulus" to act up again!
I'm no Pollyanna, but COME ON! This world is not perfect and it never will be. It is no worse in this era than it has been before--read your history books. To quote my Great Grandma Kallas--"This world was never meant to be heaven." If we all take care of our own little corners of the world, the world has no choice to become a little better place. This is another negative thing about technology. We are now able to see everything bad that is happening and has happened in the world as soon as we log onto the Internet or turn on Fox News.
I just spent a weekend with my parents and sister last weekend, and even though we talked almost constantly, it is funny how the downturned economy or crooked government never came up. It was nice. And you know what? I haven't noticed anything bad happen because of our lack of attention given to those issues over our cups of coffee.
There--I think I'm done. You know, most of the time life flows along just fine and I really have no complaints--or not many anyway. So, please forgive me for being FED UP today!

No comments:

Post a Comment