Monday, April 13, 2009

Is Spring Really Here?


After our weekly blizzards, I guess I gave up on spring arriving altogether. I haven't even been paying much attention to the weather forecasts lately. I just figure it is going to be too cold and/or windy to play outside.
It was a looonng morning--and that was just the first hour! After the kids had visited grandparents every day since Friday, they were going through what I refer to as "grandma detox" this morning. They've all done it since they were tiny babies. Then it was them wanting to be held all day long as they had just experienced with their loving grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. for several days. Now it is my undivided attention they want. And snacks. All of the time.
After what felt like a full day, but was only a few hours, I sat them in front of the TV to maintain the bit of sanity I had left and went outside to take out the trash. Oh, happy day, it was actually WARM outside!
I let them finish watching "Olivia" and then we were outside playing and working in the yard for most of the day. I even let the boys have a picnic outside for lunch. I think Callie the dog was most excited about that idea as she scored several chips and most of their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I brought Nathan and Teresa in for naps earlier, but Landen stayed out until 3pm. After everyone was awake again, we went back outside for more fun.
I hope we can have another day just like it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment