Monday, November 25, 2013

The circle of life

I love the cyclical nature of our lives.  For many years, my life followed the cycle of the school year.  Now, as our children are in school, it does once again, with the more dominant cycle of the seasons in farming.  I find comfort in that. 

I especially love it this time of year, as the traditions and recipes that create our lives around Thanksgiving and Christmas are predictable, comforting and fun!  I have our favorite pumpkin pies in the freezer waiting for Thanksgiving Day.  The Semi-Homemade Gingerbread Cookies will be making an appearance very soon. 

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of traveling back to my home church to experience the delectable angel food cake with butter sauce that has become a staple in the Christmas Bazaar menu since it was introduced many, many years ago.  I don't have that recipe to share . . . that may be top secret . . . and since it includes lots of butter and whole milk, it's best to only be eaten once a year anyway! 

What are your special once a year treats?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment