Thursday, November 14, 2013

Happy Cranioversary!

Today marks one year since Rachel's surgery. 
I recently found these top pictures on David's phone.  I'm sure he sent them out when we were in the hospital, but I hadn't seen them before.  The first is in the PICU right after they took her off the ventilator the morning after surgery.  The second is a few days later when her eyes were swollen shut, but she was still smiling. 
She's one tough cookie. 
There were so many blessings while we were there, especially the time spent with our family who live in the Rochester area.  Their support, and the support we received through Facebook, email, phone calls, texts, care packages, cards and prayers was very much appreciated.
 
There are days I wish I could just walk into the St. Mary's Hospital Chapel again. The chapel was such an amazing and beautiful place of peace for me. I am thankful for the photo I was able to get as the sunlight was pouring in the afternoon after surgery. 
We have received lots of great things in the past few weeks to pass along to Cranio Care Bears for their care packages.  Thank you!!
 
I've been here many times before
And love's always carried me through
To the other side, where it's easier to see the way
His hand provides just in time to save the day
And I realize the mountains I was scared to climb
Aren't as big as I thought they were
When I'm on the other side . . . .
 
Every chapter that we've been through
Has taught me to rely on you
Jesus teach me that again.
 
-The Other Side by Jason Gray
 

No comments:

Post a Comment