Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Up?

Our chives of all things!  My tulips gave up many years ago and the lawn is just starting to turn green, but the chives are getting a head start on the summer.  Nathan and Teresa--my picky eaters--love to go out to the herb garden and snack on them.  Add these oniony straws to their favorite foods which include tomato soup and deviled eggs. 
Weird.  I know. 
I noticed Nathan was out in the garden before we left for "church school" (religious ed) tonight, but I didn't smell him until we were done at church and heading home.  When I told him he smelled like onions, he said his teacher had told him that, too, and then he showed her the chives he had brought in his pocket!
Everyone's favorite kid--the one who makes the entire room smell like onions!  Nice.
Even after a shower, he still smelled like onions.
He probably will for most of the summer.
The chives have only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment