Thursday, March 15, 2012

Long Way Home


This week has had some tougher days.  I had been spending more time than necessary mourning the loss of what was and wondering what is to come.  Sometimes I felt angry, sometimes impatient, and sometimes just plain scared.
But, when I think of how proud I am of our nephew Luke, how many lives he touched on earth and how many he continues to change now, I feel so very grateful to have known him and that God shared him with us. 
I have faith in God's plan, even if I don't understand it at all.
I heard this song by Steven Curtis Chapman and instantly loved it.  He and his wife lost their young daughter Maria in an accident a few years ago.  Many of his songs since then have been beautiful songs of healing and hope. 
I can really appreciate these words right now.
I know we're gonna make it . . . it's just a long way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment