Sunday, March 4, 2012

Camping Revisited

Remember how I feel about camping
Well, I haven't changed my mind.
But, I did go to an RV show with a friend on Friday and had my eyes opened a bit.
When she first invited me, I jumped at the chance (after securing a babysitter for the girls, of course).  My main goal was to take a little road trip, spend some quality time with my friend, and have a nice quiet meal in a restaurant!
It turned out the RV show was a lot of fun, too, and much more interesting than I had anticipated.
We had a great time touring all of the campers--from the pop-up tent type to top of the line motor homes. 
I decided that if I absolutely had to camp, maybe camping in one of those wouldn't be SO bad.  (Air conditioning and a shower are still mandatory.) 
I can see us maybe owning some sort of camper someday in the future, especially if we are able to take a multi-day vacation every summer.  Eating out every meal with four kids for several days in a row will get quite expensive.  A hotel room filled with our family doesn't leave much breathing room. 
BUT, the restaurants come with a cook and the hotel rooms come with a maid which are HUGE pluses in my world.
We shall see.  I have one stipulation before we even get to the point of thinking about such a purchase.
The camper's kitchen cannot be nicer than my house's kitchen.

Stay tuned for what comes first--the kitchen remodel or 1970's camper with a really bad kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about camping :-) Maybe someday I will change my mind...maybe. I don't comment often but I really enjoy your blog. I can relate on many topics. Have a great day!

    We just updated our 1970's kitchen with new counter tops. Makes a huge difference. Hopefully someday we can make it bigger (it's really small now). So good luck with the kitchen or the camper ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Kayla, and thanks for reading! God bless! :o)

    ReplyDelete