Monday, January 31, 2011

Shopping Weekend

David and I just spent an awesome weekend in Brandon/Sioux Falls with the Melius family.
It was the 4th year for our annual Melius Sisters-in-Law Shopping Weekend. As always, it included great food, great wine, great laughs, and great bargains! It took me a little bit to get in the groove this year, but I found it after a couple stores. :o)
I have been known to buy the biggest (in size) items on the trip. The first year it was our entry bench. Last year it was a baker's rack. This year, I kept it pretty small and limited it to the wall hanging I found for our living room. We had a long, narrow space between our TV and window. It wouldn't have bothered me, but there was an outlet there as we had originally planned on a mantle shelf. Now it is covered and I'm very happy about this find.

I checked our messages when we got home and had one from a store telling me my name was drawn for a free pair of jeans! I was ready to call it one of those just-left-the-building-and-your-name-was-chosen-for-the-raffle tough luck experiences, but David encouraged me to call the store. As it turned out, I just had to call them within 48 hours. I have until the end of February to pick them up. Thankfully my sister-in-law Katie agreed to help me out and pick them up sometime when she's in Sioux Falls. Wohoo-bonus bargain!
The snow, wind, and cold temperatures have provided our first snow day of the year today. Landen is helping Dad & Grandpa while the rest of us take it easy at home.
This morning David said we had "slept in" for three days in a row. I may now consider 7:30am an appropriate wake-up time, but I still don't count it as "sleeping in"! Nevertheless, it was nice to have a little extra time to ease back into "real life" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment