Friday, January 21, 2011

A Baby Day

Our friend Henry, who is 6 months now, came to visit again today. He weighs almost as much as T and is cute as a button! We love when he comes to play.
After he went home, I sat down to check my email. I must have had babies on my mind, since I thought to look in my sent emails to see if I still had the messages from when our babies were born. It was so much fun to read the emails I sent to announce our news (although I didn't have a pregnancy announcement for Teresa for some reason) and the replies from family and friends.
I am so thankful to have memories like these safely stored in my e-mail box. I hadn't thought about what a treasure they would be until I received a binder after Grandma Rosemarie passed away. She had printed and saved every email and picture I had emailed of Landen and Nathan. The little mundane details of each particular day were wonderful memories to read through.
Since that time, I have created an email file for each of my kiddos--to keep fun little tidbits and photos from their everyday lives as children. If someone has sent a photo of them or a message to them, it goes in their file. Then, on days like today when I am feeling particularly sentimental, I can read through them and it puts a little smile in my heart.

Here are our three in 2007--their first Christmas together. The boys were just 4 & 2! No wonder so many people told me, "You sure have your hands full." They sure were--and still are--but now just in different ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment