Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Little Changes

You may have noticed a few changes around here.
First, I have added several new songs to the playlist. I find musical inspiration from all sorts of sources . . . Christian music catalogs, KLOVE, Pandora, TV, and old favorites of family. It's a lot of fun discovering new music--even if it's been around a few . . . or many . . . years! Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" is a perfect example of that. It is the theme from the show "Parenthood." I watch the show sporadically, but I just had to find out the source of that great song!
Bowling for Soup's "Shut Up and Smile" was another great find. "All we need is some ice cream and a hug" has been my unofficial motto for most of my life. Just days after I heard it for the first time, David and I heard something about only needing ice cream in life--in a completely unrelated conversation. He immediately said that sounded like me. A "little love and beer" never hurts either . . . .
I also added a little Garth Brooks to the list. I can't believe I hadn't added any of his music before. Garth got me through Junior High, High School, and half of college. It was my life's greatest dream to see him in concert. Thanks to my dear friend Amy (and her great connections), I was able to see him in concert TWICE. Recently David and I looked up how much his Las Vegas show tickets were going for. After a few minutes' (or seconds) deliberation, I decided I best just be happy with the two Garth concerts I was blessed with in my life! Now Landen has discovered Garth on his tape player, too. He thinks it is neat that music from "way back then" is still being played. Gulp.
There's some font stuff going on here, too. I just discovered that blogger now gives more font options in its template designer! Since I switched backgrounds, I lost the neat font I had worked so hard to get before. This was SO much easier to give the blog a little more personalized look.
That's it! I hope you are all having a great day.
As always, I welcome your comments! I always appreciate the "in person" comments I receive, too. I'm glad my little creative outlet--and our crazy family--make you smile, laugh, and cry. (I hope there isn't too much crying, though!)

1 comment:

  1. I remember our Garth concerts! Those days were so much fun! A co-worker of mine is in Las Vegas right now and they had tickets to see Garth. When he gets back, I'll ask him if they were worth the price - I know that they were not cheap!

    ReplyDelete