Thursday, January 27, 2011

Germophobe

This parenting gig has made me SUCH a germophobe.
A flu bug is making its way through our high school. You know where it will go next. Yep. First grade. Or Preschool. We may avoid it--we may not. I pray we do.
I hate, hate, hate the stomach flu! The worst part is that it will (almost) inevitably hit every member of our family before it makes its way to the next family. It is quite obvious how this happens with young children. One throws up and the rest have to rush over to see what just happened. All the while I am cleaning up as fast as I can and spraying bleach over every surface the infected child recently came into contact with. It's no mystery how mom picks up the bug. The only problem is that by the time mom catches it, everyone else feels better and is up running around getting into trouble!
Just the thought has put me in a sanitizing tailspin.
I have wiped down all the doorknobs and lightswitches, cleaned my kitchen sink with bleach water, soaked all the bathtub toys in bleach water, and scrubbed my kitchen floor.
Will this do ANY good? I don't know.
At least my house is the cleanest it has been in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment