Thursday, April 2, 2015

Signs of Spring

Our little seedlings are doing very well!  Rachel was especially excited to see how they "make" plants. Learning from our mistake last year, we propped our zinnias up with pencils this year so that their stems wouldn't kink with bending over. We lost a few before we caught them in time, but so far so good on the rest.

 Below we have cucumbers and basil.  If all of the cucumber plants grow, some cucumbers might actually make it into the house this year!  Last year it was always an exciting discovery for my girls to find a cucumber on one of our two plants.  It was finders keepers and first come first served as they sat on the swings and gnawed on their cucumber treats.

My strawberry patch was choked out by weeds, so I dug that up last weekend.  I am undecided if I will start new strawberry plants or try raspberries instead.

There will also be a small vegetable garden in our backyard again, provided I buy enough sour cream and raisins to pay my garden tiller in pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment