Thursday, April 23, 2015

Leaving on a jet plane

When I was 19 and my friend Rachel 18, we decided on one of our many summer walks around Eureka that we were going to do something exciting.  Our friend Tonya was a nanny north of New York City. Why not, we thought, save our money and buy plane tickets to New York City the next summer?
And so, we told Tina (Tonya's sister) and our friend Amy about our little crazy plan and they hopped on board, too!
In May 1999, we all boarded a plane to New York City and spent three days seeing as much of Manhattan as we could.

It still amazes all of us that 1.) Our parents allowed us to go! and 2.) We all survived!
Here we are at the base of the Statue of Liberty.


It was absolutely one of the best experiences of my life. I still love New York!

What has me thinking of this adventure?  Tomorrow, Rachel, Amy and I will once again board a plane, but this time to Arizona to our dear friend Sarae's wedding.

So much has changed since our first big trip together and I can't wait to make new memories with these wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment