Monday, September 23, 2013

Over a month!

I can't believe we have been back to school for over a month. 

And, no, I still have not decorated for fall.  Sad, sad, sad. 

I've been more in organizing mode than decorating mode this past month.  The bathroom project will be done as soon as we get cabinets.  The good news is we DO have a second toilet once again.  Soon a second shower will follow. 

I've painted the girls' new room (current guest room) and their bunk beds should be arriving in a few weeks.  Then I will re-paint Teresa's room and change it back to the guest room!  Yes, we do like moving within our walls, and it's time to shake it up again! 

Rachel has discovered that if she had just a bit more momentum, she could step on my desk and propel herself out of her crib.  As soon as she works up the physical strength, she will be outta there.  She's probably doing chin ups right now.  Hurry up, bunk beds!

Before school started, I declared that nap time was returning to the Melius household and I would be partaking, but I've only taken a nap one afternoon.  (And then an unidentified someone called and woke me up without leaving a message . . . and I remembered why naps can be so frustrating.)

My naptime is always full of something . . . painting, Dakotafire, working outside, watching Rachael Ray.  The important things in life!

Now with harvest, our days are pretty much up in the air.  It's a good thing "flexible" is practically Rachel's middle name.  She just goes with the flow, and preferably that flow takes her to the combine or TRAC-TOR! 

We are always happy to see the Big 3 return from the school bus and we are busy again for the hours in between school and bedtime.  Thankfully, since their days are long anyway, none of them have had much homework. 

This week is Homecoming Week, which is always a fun break from the normal routine.  I'm thankful that the dress-up days are all easy this year.  I haven't had to scrounge up any pirate eye patches or anything else I generally don't have in my inventory!  Friday will bring the big parade and more CANDY!  (We already made quite a haul at the Schmeckfest Parade on Saturday!)   

And, so, that is what our life has entailed this past month.  It's been good.  No complaints from anyone. 

That's the key, I think.  To realize when it's good.

And be thankful for the good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment