Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Apple love

 
 
 This just happens to be post #873.  Crazy, huh? 
 
Of all these posts, it seems most of my readers love the one about Crock Pot Applesauce the best.  I first posted it in 2010, after our family tried it for the first time.  It is now a yearly staple in our house.  I have five batches done and more apples coming tomorrow.  We eat it fresh until we can't eat anymore and I freeze the rest in quart freezer bags. 
 
I love apple and pumpkin season. 
 
I wasn't ready to embrace fall this year like I usually am.  It's over halfway through September and I only have one fall decoration up in my house.  (I usually decorate more for fall than for Christmas.)  I still love the season, but the summer was just so fun I didn't want to move on!!
 
But, the apples eased me into it. 
 
The smell of simmering cinnamon apples, a cool overcast day, and soup for supper.
 
Ah, yes. 
Welcome back, fall. 
 
You are the most beautiful and delicious of seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment