Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bilingual baby

Last night as we were listening to Rachel talk in her baby language, Nathan said,
"I think she is going to be a Spanish baby." 

I thought that was funny and explained that babies learn the language they hear.  Unfortunately for my babies, English is the only language they learn from me.  They have two aunts who are Spanish speakers, so maybe they will be fortunate pick up a little from them as they grow!

No, I don't think Rachel is bilingual, but she does have her own language for some things.  Shoes are still "Ah-boo."  One word that is always recognizable is "poop" and is always said after the fact.  I still consider this a blessing, however, as none of the others ever seemed to care what was in their diapers!  Maybe she will be trained before she is three, but I'm not making any predictions yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment