Thursday, October 18, 2012

On the Road Again

Tomorrow as the pheasant hunters pour into South Dakota, I will be heading out of here to Minnesota! 
Thanks to my husband, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law who will be handing most of the kiddo duties, I am able to go to my cousin Kevin's wedding as he marries his fiance Christine in Rochester.  I am so excited!  Kallas weddings are always fun.  Kevin is a great guy and Christine will be an awesome addition to the family.  We closed down the pizza place when we met them for supper after Rachel's appointments in July. 
I am reminded of the movie Date Night (and Tina Fey's fantasy) as I think of what I am looking forward to this weekend . . . remember this one?

"if anything, I fantasize about being alone! Just on my worst day. . . I'd like to run away . . . get a hotel room just so I can sit in a room by myself and eat my lunch . . . with a Diet Sprite."

Sure, the wedding is the main event and I am looking forward to kicking back and having a few drinks with my extended family.  But do you know what else I am SO looking forward to? 

A good book, the People crossword puzzle, and a quiet, quiet, quiet hotel room.  (I don't do Diet Sprite, but hopefully the hotel will have good coffee in the morning.)  :o)
I know.  This fantasy makes me sound SO old.  But, I don't feel old.  I still feel . . . eh . . . 28 or so.  I'm just TIRED, people!  Mostly my EARS are tired, God love these verbal, out-loud-thinking treasures with which He has filled this family. 
An introspective mama's gotta regroup in some silence now and again!
With her FULL attention on the People crossword puzzle. 
No interruptions.
That is, if I don't fall asleep before I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment