Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Orange Poppy Seed Muffins

I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks.  Ironically, the recipe included neither orange nor poppy seeds!  So, I added them myself.  I suspect grated orange peel would also be yummy, but I didn't have any real oranges on hand!  They have a very light flavor and texture. 
Teresa and I made a thin orange juice and powdered sugar glaze to top them.
 
Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice (prepared--NOT solid concentrate)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2 T poppy seeds (depending on your preference)
 
Mix sugar and eggs in a medium-sized bowl; add oil.  Add remaining ingredients to the batter.  Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.  You can also bake it in 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment