Thursday, October 25, 2012

So Long, Thomas & Percy!

I was pregnant with Teresa when my friend Claudia came out one summer afternoon to help me paint Thomas & Percy (with the help of an overhead projector) on the boys' new basement bedroom wall.  A few months later, I added the stripes.  I told Landen that they were "Monster Stripes" to scare the monsters away, but I don't know if he ever really fell for that one, even at four years old.
The boys asked me to repaint their room and had quite elaborate ideas for murals that I should incorporate on the walls.  I suggested this--I will paint a solid color and they can choose the posters for their walls.  Landen already had this great world map.  Done.  Nathan wants a shark poster for his wall.  We will have to look for that soon. 
I have to say that I like this elephantine shade of gray.  It feels nice and cozy.  I am waiting for a new curtain and new green comforters.  The others were not big investments (either from my college days or the OLD Aberdeen Walmart), so it is time to spruce everything up in there.
The best part of this project was probably getting the boys to clean out under their beds.  Landen isn't too bad (mostly books and newspaper clippings), but Nathan stashes all sorts of treasures and wrappers under his. 
I had been missing my Reese's Peanut Butter eggs that I stashed in the pantry last spring.  (One day, I went for one as a treat and found an empty box!)  I never did find wrappers under his bed . . . I found them as I was organizing his closet last week! 
I'm afraid that kid is an incurable sneaky snacker!  Next time we are at a store together, he owes this mama a candy bar.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment