Wednesday, September 5, 2012

a way to see in the DARK

My Jason Gray CD finally arrived in the mail and I loooovvveee it. 
(Yeah, I'm still pretty old school when it comes to my music. 
My mp3 player has barely ever been used!) 
 
Jason Gray?
"Who's that," you ask? 
I know that's what you just asked because that's what everyone asked me when I went to see him in concert a couple of weeks ago.  (Not even my husband or my friend Deb who joined me knew who they were going to see.  I'm glad they trusted me!)  He's a Christian singer I recently discovered.
(I thought he was new, but he's not.  Just my discovery of his music is new.)
 
I bought the CD because I liked several of the songs I had already heard.  By some sort of Divine Providence, these songs and the rest of the music on this CD is just what I needed to hear. 
 
This year has had some dark times . . . in our home, family, and friends' lives.  Last week was especially tough on some very special friends of mine.  Ugh. 
As one friend shared with me,
These are the times for which our faith has been given.
 
Amen, friend, amen.
 
Is it a coincidence that this verse had been in my mind and on my heart lately and it is also printed on the inside cover of this CD??
 
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:5
 
Good stuff. 
 
Keep hoping.
Keep your eyes on the light.
Even when you can't see it, IT'S THERE.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment