Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lysa Ter Keurst

Life is moving especially quickly this week.  The boys started Vacation Bible School on Monday and will have that every morning until Friday.  I go in mid-way through the morning each day and hand out cookies.  It really is a great gig. 
Our afternoons have been or will be filled with piano lessons, t-ball practice, visiting friends, and traveling here and there.  Someone asked me Monday morning how our vacation was going.  My answer was, "We haven't had one yet!" 
Of course, (at the risk of sounding like a grouchy old man), the weather has not helped at all either.  I am so tired of being cold!  Teresa keeps asking about her flip-flops, swimming pool, and other summer delights.  I don't even have to answer anymore, she just says, "To summer?"  Yes, summer.  Where did you go?
On the bright side, my first born has become a huge help around here this summer.  He can't wait to mow the lawn every 5 or so days and has been helping in the house, too.  We just have to keep that boy busy, busy, busy! 
Since my blog has been a bit sparse, I'd like to share one of my favorites with you.  I discovered Lysa Ter Keurst earlier this spring, even though she has been speaking and writing for years.  So often her daily thoughts speak just what my heart needs to hear.  This latest entry was one of those.
www.lysaterkeurst.com
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment