Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Sometimes I barely recognize the young college grad who moved onto this farm almost 10 years ago.  After all this time, I have found it to be quite impossible to be ON the farm and not become all ABOUT the farm. 
It took awhile to get used to. 
Then I realized that those long days of planting, spraying, and harvesting (at sometimes inconvenient times) are what feed the world--and our little family.
And so, that brings me to my wish for this Mother's Day--for David & my father-in-law to be able to be in the field today.  As it turned out, the rain held off and they had another productive day of planting. 
Planting on time makes everyone happier and our summer go much more smoothly.  I'll take my day "off" another day. 
Happy Mother's Day to all of the great moms in my life.  I hope you got everything you wished for, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment