Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Follow Me That's It"

The boys have been proudly learning their memory verses for VBS this week.  Monday's was especially easy for Nathan, since he has been learning it for his entire life.  He even caught it twice at mass on Sunday (in the Gospel and homily).  And we don't think he pays attention in church! 
David's mom gives each of her grandchildren a special Bible verse when they are born.  Nathan's is, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."
We were quizzing the boys at the breakfast table this morning.  Landen's grade's verse was, "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Nathan said his was, "Follow me that's it."
David and I thought that about summed it up!

There's a VeggieTales movie I love called "Josh and the Big Wall."  It says all the people had to do was follow God's plan.  Then it shows a map with an arrow that has gone all over the place before finally reaching its goal.
Lately I feel as though I am in that squiggly part of the map.  There have been detours, long red lights, and what I thought were closed roads, but ended up being clear once I got close enough to see. 
And so, I will just keep following. 
That's all any of us need to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment