Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Be Not Afraid!

I've never considered myself much of an athlete. 
However, if WORRYING ever makes it to the Olympics, I may finally have a shot at a gold medal. 
It is a quality I really, really do not like about myself.  It's a little bit genetic (I come from some great worried and anxious stock) and a little bit self-inflicted and is something that has followed me for my entire life. 
I remember hearing at a retreat once that Jesus repeated "Be Not Afraid" more often than anything else in the New Testament.  I remember because I was very newly pregnant with my second child and secretly terrified that I would miscarry.  (I had no specific reason to think that and obviously everything ended well.) 
Today my mom let me know that she found the number of times Jesus told us to not be afraid--365.  So, there you have it.  There's not one day left to worry in a whole year.  (Except leap year, but who wants to waste Feb. 29 on worry?)
I will have to take up a new sport.  The sooner the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment