Friday, May 6, 2011

Is It Summer Yet?

Today is one of the first really warm days we have had.  Nathan wasted no time in appearing upstairs dressed in shorts right away this morning.  Teresa was right behind with her denim skirt.  The two of them have been waiting for summer for about 6 months now and they are so excited for all it has to offer. 
Our day started with Nathan asking,  "Can we have a campfire?"
My answer was NO, but I did suggest they walk around the yard and gather sticks for a future fire.  (Surprisingly, that kept them busy for awhile.  Stuff like that hardly ever works for me.)
He has also asked when his first t-ball game will be, if we can go swimming today, if I had ANYTHING to roast in a campfire (at least 3 different times--as if I have marshmallows magically coming out of my elbows) and I caught him pulling the garden hose out to the sandbox in an attempt to make mud. 
This afternoon, they found their long-lost flip flops, played baseball with grandma and had popsicles for a snack.
If they're not careful, they will use up all their summer fun in one day.  And it isn't even summer yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment