Friday, April 23, 2010

Hoof Prints

I had all but forgotten about our cows' great Easter escape. That was until I mowed the lawn yesterday. It was then I noticed all of the deep hoof prints they made in the then muddy lawn. I don't know how many ladies took the tour through our backyard, but it definitely didn't help that they all had four hooves with which to dig in.
I don't get too uptight about my lawn, but these holes were a definite safety hazzard. All it would take is one foot to fall in one of those and we would be off to the ER to check out the severity of the ankle injury. Since enough things happen around here without the backyard obstacle course, I decided to get those holes filled in today.
With the kids' help, (thankfully they like filling in holes), we got them all filled in with dirt today. It looks pretty silly with all of those dirt patches on our lawn, but they will eventually fill in with grass.
Oh, cows. You can be such a pain in the rump roast. I'm sure glad you taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment