Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gratitude

My posts may be sparse for the next couple weeks as I have quite a full plate (with an occasional Reese's Peanut Butter Egg for dessert). :o)
I've been going into turbo drive for our Family Fun Night to Fight MS in Eureka on April 17. I am not one to call people as ask for prizes or money, but I took a leap out of my comfort zone this week. A wonderful lady from Aberdeen (with much fundraising experience) called me on Monday and gave me all sorts of wonderful ideas to make our night more successful. Immediately after I hung up the phone, I started calling local businesses for door and Bingo prizes. All of the businesses have been incredibly generous and supportive of our cause.
I am so grateful to be from such a generous and caring community! I hope they will forgive me for the few times in the past when I cheered for the Cresbard Comets over the Eureka Trojans. Since there are no longer Comets nor Trojans (they are now co-oped Patriots), that minor transgression against my roots should be null and void anyway. :o)
The best part of this project is NOBODY knows what to expect! Sure, we have our plans made as to how the evening will be scheduled, but everything else is in God's hands.
I hope all of our local friends can join us on April 17 at the Senior Center at 5:30pm and throughout the evening. You might even win a really GREAT prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment