Thursday, April 22, 2010

Making the Bed

I am not a fan of making the bed. My first thought upon waking is, "What day is it?" My second thought ever since giving birth to my second child is, "I get to have coffee!"
Nope. Making the bed is just never in those thought processes. I usually get to pulling up the covers at some point during the day, however. Sometimes it is right before I crawl back into it, but I usually get the job done.
The absolutely gorgeous spring day turned me into turbo mom today. I started with baking a big batch of chocolate chip cookies, followed with mowing the lawn, and then changed all the beds before heading to play practice.
That brings me to now and this blog post. I am procrastinating. There is good news and bad. The good news is we all have clean sheets tonight and there's just nothing better than that. The bad news is I have beds with sheets and blankets piled on top of them all over the house. There is no getting around it. No one else is going to do it. Not even the boys will be content to sleep on a pile of blankets.
I don't know why I dislike this job out of all the household jobs in the world. It doesn't take that long. I don't have any bunk beds to climb or small spaces I have to fit into. After changing my bed alone an average of 442 times since I have lived in this house, one would think I would be used to it. Still, give me a toilet to scrub any day.
Oh, look at the time. It is nearing the boys' bedtime. They can't go to bed if I don't put the sheets on them first. Then I can't have a bowl of Light Cookies & Cream ice cream. There. That was the motivation I needed.

1 comment:

  1. I also dislike making the bed. Usually I just throw the covers on in the morning and go (unless I know that mom or other company will be coming)! It does look way better when it's fully made and it only takes a few minutes, but most days I just can't get myself to do it. Good luck getting all of them made!

    ReplyDelete