Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wii-ally Fit

I have been losing and gaining the same five pounds since I had Teresa over two years ago. The rest of the 30+ pounds left me, but not this little bit of extra weight. It's not like I had been doing anything extra to get rid of it. I had made peace with the weight and the extra tummy she left for me. After all, I had an excuse--I just had a baby!
Well, my baby can now count to four and she showed me how to turn on a DVD player this morning. My time may be running out on the "just had a baby" excuse.
Why the motivation NOW? It is a little someone named Mama Mii who wears a purple shirt and looks a lot like me as she bounces around on my TV. She looked pretty good until she weighed in on Wii Fit. Suddenly she became quite round around the middle. Her weight settled near the bottom of the "Overweight" line on the graph while some unpleasant frumpy music played.
It was in that moment I knew I should and could lose these five unnecessary pounds to get down to a healthier weight. That was a week ago and so far I am two pounds down. I have been watching my calories a bit closer and walking, but the Wii Fit definitely helps keep exercise new and fun. I especially like the Rhythm Kung Fu and the Hula Hoops.
Mama Mii always has a smile on her face. She is the athlete I never was, and is surprisingly really talented at the ski jump despite my fear of heights. I thank her for giving me the motivation to say "good bye" to this residual baby weight.
Too bad I missed the Olympic trials for this year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura, this is funny- yet this same thing happened to somebody else close to me and it was kinda a hard thing for this person to see. Wii really knows how to motivate a person :) I'm excited to hear how this works for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete