Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Storm of Emotions

As the thunder rolls, I barely hear Your whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls, I raise my hands
and praise the God who gives and takes away.
--"Praise You in this Storm"--Casting Crowns
I went to Aberdeen today (by myself!) which gave me a lot of time to think and listen to KLOVE radio on the drive there and back. It was one of those days that every song felt like the Lord was wrapping his arms around me.
My heart has been heavy these past few days as I see the devastation in Haiti, my friends and loved ones in South Dakota living without electricity for the past several days, and thinking of a dear family friend and her family as she prepares to leave this world after battling cancer for much of the past ten years.
Her daughter summed up her mom so well on her Facebook status late last week. She said her mom was "out of this world . . . . She never did belong here. Thank you, Lord Jesus." What a beautiful tribute.
But, even in the midst of pain, our Lord continues to pour down blessings from above. A granddaughter was born into their family today and our friend will be able to meet this newest blessing before she meets her Lord.
And that is why even when I do not understand God's plan, I have to believe.
"Though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm."

No comments:

Post a Comment