Saturday, October 3, 2009

Snapshots

It is important to me that our home is decorated with photos. This art means much more to me than the most expensive painting or sculpture I could ever find in any gallery. I have some photos in every room--some old, some new, some professionally done, but mostly snapshots from our daily life.
My mom and her siblings are in the process of planning a small dinner for my grandparents' 55th Anniversary at the end of the month. When I started to work on the invitations, I knew the perfect picture to put on them.

I hope my grandparents agree when they see it. It is one of my favorites of them. For one thing, my grandma, as is the case with most mother photographers, is pretty scarce in early family photos. So, it is nice to have a candid photo of her. Mostly, though, it is SO real--taken on a normal day on the farm in between milking, cooking, and who knows whatever other responsibilites that faced them that day.

I had been meaning to make a copy of this one as well, as it is one of my mom's favorites and I only had one copy. I had climbed in the box on my own and how appropriate was that? My parents never did return me, and for that I am thankful.
Every time I sit down to scrapbook, I declare, "I take too many pictures of my kids!" But, I just can't stop. I hope that someday they will appreciate their old photos just as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment